The Albanese Labor Government’s Jobs and Skills Summit will be held at Parliament House in Canberra on 1–2 September.
The Summit will bring together Australians, including unions, employers, civil society and governments to address our shared economic challenges.
Our Government took office at a time of rising inflation and interest rates, falling real wages and a trillion dollars in debt which is now more expensive to service.
Our goal is to build a bigger, better-trained and more productive workforce; boost incomes and living standards; and create more opportunities for more Australians to get ahead and to reach their aspirations.
The Summit will be led by the Prime Minister and Treasurer who will work with all Ministers, with key contributions from Finance Minister and Minister for Women Katy Gallagher, who will have a particular focus on the labour market experiences of women, along with Ministers Burke, Rishworth, O’Connor, O’Neil and Husic.
The themes and outcomes of the Summit will inform the Employment White Paper, which will help to shape the future of Australia’s labour market. It will be led by Treasury, which will invite submissions and engage the wider community over the next 12 months.
The Summit will cover a range of topics with a focus on:
- Keeping unemployment low, boosting productivity and raising incomes
- Delivering secure, well-paid jobs and strong, sustainable wages growth
- Expanding employment opportunities for all Australians including the most disadvantaged
- Addressing skills shortages and getting our skills mix right over the long-term
- Improving migration settings to support higher productivity and wages
- Maximising jobs and opportunities from renewable energy, tackling climate change, the digital economy, the care economy and a Future Made in Australia
- Ensuring women have equal opportunities and equal pay.
We will have more to say about the format of the Summit closer to the event.
For more information, visit Jobs and Skills Summit.
The Government continues to build a stronger, broader and more sustainable economy that works for everyone.