Today we announce the inaugural Advisory Board for the Centre for Australia-India Relations, that will drive greater collaboration between our countries from its new Western Sydney base.
The Centre will work across government, industry, academia and the community to build greater understanding within the Australia-India relationship and support business to seize the opportunities of our economic partnership.
The Centre's headquarters will be in Parramatta, an emerging hub for entrepreneurship and innovation and home to one of Australia's largest Indian communities. The new headquarters is being supported by the NSW Government.
Joining the Chair of the Advisory Board, Ms Swati Dave, and the CEO of the Centre, Mr Tim Thomas, we are pleased to make the following appointments to the Board:
- Ms Florence Drummond, CEO, Indigenous Women in Mining and Resources Australia
- Mr Adam Gilchrist AO, former Australian cricket captain
- Ms Amrit Gill, Creative Program Lead, City of Melbourne
- Ms Catriona Jackson, CEO, Universities Australia
- Mr Sammy Kumar, CEO, Sayers Group
- The Hon. Martin Hamilton-Smith, former South Australian Minister for Trade
- Ms Mitu Bhowmick Lange AM, CEO, Mind Blowing Films
- Ms Jodi McKay, National Chair, Australia India Business Council
- Mr Gunjan Pagare, Executive Manager, Community Investment, Commonwealth Bank
- Mr Amit Singh, Managing Partner, Mandala Partners
- Ms Jan Adams AO PSM, (ex-officio), Secretary, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The Centre will also deliver the Maitri (friendship) program of scholarships, fellowships, cultural partnerships and grants. For more information on the Centre for Australia-India Relations, visit its website: www.australiaindiacentre.org.au.