This website is managed and maintained by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet in Canberra, Australia. All enquiries regarding site management, performance or technical issues should be addressed to the Web Administrator through the Site feedback section of this website.
Content and contributors
With the exception of the Coat of Arms and all photos and graphics, this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence.
For further information please see the website's copyright statement.
Guidelines for linking to this website
The Prime Minister welcomes links from other websites to the Prime Minister's website.
If you intend to create a link, we request that you adopt the following guidelines:
- When linking to the website, link to main collection level pages wherever possible. For example https://www.pm.gov.au/about-this-website.
- Deep linking is permitted, however this can create maintenance overheads as the page to which you link may become unavailable or move.
- Where appropriate to the context of the link, it is good practice to indicate the website to which the user will link.
The correct name of the website is the Prime Minister of Australia.
Please note that permission to link to this website is not granted if:
- inclusion on the requesting site implies the endorsement of the site or product
- the requesting site uses the Prime Minister's website solely for commercial purposes
- the material linked to is changed technically (e.g. the material is framed and users are unable to determine the location of the original material)
- linking to the site is deemed to be in contravention of government policy or not in the public interest.
If you have any queries regarding linking to this website, please contact the Web Administrator through the Site feedback section of this website.
How to link to this website
It is preferred that links to this website take the form of a text-based contextual link with the full wording - Prime Minister of Australia - in accordance with the guidelines listed above.
Please copy and paste the following code into your HTML:
<a href="http://www.pm.gov.au">Prime Minister of Australia's website</a>
Further assistance and contacts are available in the Site feedback section of this website.
Former Prime Ministers
The PM Transcripts website has a collection of transcripts from Australian Prime Ministers, and contains approximately 20,000 individual speeches, media releases and other transcript items dating from the early 1940s.
Archived websites for former Prime Ministers of Australia (from Prime Minister Howard onwards), can be found on the National Library's Trove web archive.